Our quality care continues after you leave with an in-depth aftercare routine to provide the best results
Triumph Tattoo is here to change the stereotypical mold of what has always been and show our clients in Grovetown and Columbia County how we have surpassed the stigma of the traditional tattoo shop. At Triumph Tattoo, we want to separate ourselves from other tattoo shops and provide you with the highest level of results, comfort and satisfaction with our luxury environment.
The quality experience continues after you leave. We pride ourselves on the respect and care we show to all of our clients in aftercare to ensure the highest quality results.
The quality Experience continues after you leave.
Following these steps will provide the best results:
- Remove the bandage after one to two hours. All wounds need to breathe.
- Wash the tattoo using a mild antibacterial soap (such as Dial) and warm water. Take care to remove all traces of blood and plasma as this will cause scabbing. Do not scrub the tattoo with a wash-cloth during the two-week healing period. Pat it dry with a clean, soft cloth or paper towel and leave it alone for 20 minutes. This allows for excess moisture from the swelling under the skin as well as moisture introduced by washing the tattoo to evaporate out. It’s very important to let your tattoo “breathe” like this anytime you get it wet before it gets into the peeling stage.
- Once dry, apply a very thin coat of ointment to the tattoo. We recommend using Hustle Butter as ointment. Only use enough to make it shine. Too much ointment traps germs in your new tattoo. Just a dab’ll do. Work it in well. There should be just enough to keep the tattoo moist and to keep it from scabbing. Do not re-bandage the tattoo.
- Repeat the cycle of washing, drying and applying ointment to the tattoo about 3-4 times per day for the first 3 days.
We want to separate ourselves from other tattoo shops and provide you with the highest level of results.
- Ointment can be applied whenever the tattoo is feeling stiff or dry but beware of over-moisturizing. Apply ointment twice a day for 2-3 days then switch to a regular *unscented* moisturizer like Eucerin, Lubriderm, Curel or Jergens. Apply moisturizer twice a day for the remainder of two weeks. Do not use lotions that contain color or fragrance at all until the healing is complete. (Usually anywhere from ten days to 2 weeks, possibly longer for slower healers.)
- You must keep your tattoo moisturized! When the tattoo is kept moist it doesn’t have a chance to form a scab but does form a thin membrane to protect the tattoo while it heals. This layer peels off very similar to a sunburn (Do not peel your tattoo, you will pull the ink out!) and it is perfectly normal to see flakes of colored skin falling off during the stage of healing.
- Keep your tattoo clean! However, long showers or baths must be avoided for two weeks. This includes swimming in the ocean, pool, hot tubs and saunas. Short showers are best, under ten minutes if possible.
- Please refrain from scratching or picking the tattoo. Disrupting the tattoo while it’s healing can also cause scar tissue. It is very normal for the tattoo to be itchy.
- Whether the tattoo is new or old, if you want it to look nice and heal properly, keep it out of the sun. A sunburn on a new tattoo can cause a lot of problems. Never put sunblock on a healing tattoo. Wait until it’s fully healed before going into the sun.
Interested? Come on In!
Triumph Tattoo in Grovetown is committed to raising the bar of the traditional tattoo shop and providing a quality experience with premiere artwork and a comfortable environment to all customers in Columbia County and beyond.